Sunday, April 19, 2015

Saturday - Game 5

With the championship game clinched.  Quite a different feeling arriving at the ball park.  All the other teams are congratulating you on a job well done.  Wishing you good luck for the evening game.  Most of all they are saying they are tired of the Red Sox and want you to take them down.  Which we fully intend to accomplish.

These entries will be brief, as it is Sunday morning, David Miler, Adam, & I are off to the Rays-Yankess game at Tropicana Field (stadium #23 of 30 for me - can't wait, even if the place is a dump)

The Pirate team rested half of the starters for the game against the Mets.  We pitched players who were not as dominate as our big arms.  The day is sunny, humid, with a temperature 87 degrees. I sucks the life out of you.  You can't hydrate enough.

We got bombed by the Mets 10-2.  They hit the ball, but most of all was the play of their left fielder.  I scorched a shot, down the left field line, thought I had a double.  So did Spanky, instructing the runner on 2nd to score.  Much to our surprise, the ball was run down by a speedy left field.  My double, turned into a double play!

He made another spectacular play catching a mid range fly ball and threw a perfect strike to the catcher, to double up the runner tagging from third.  What outfielder has two double plays in the same game?

I played the entire game in center field. Made a long running catch in the left center field gap, off the bat of their catcher.  He crushed this, I didn't think I had a chance, just kept running full tilt until I caught up with it.  I also got an assist, throwing out a guy advancing from first to second.  What a difference wearing contacts.  It allows many of these catches to be made, as I am able to see the ball better and run it down without attempting to adjust field of vision, due to my frames.

Photos to follow when I return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment