Thursday, January 23, 2014

How can I be this fortunate?


As anyone who knows me, I am not a blogger.  From January 23rd to February 2nd I will make an exception.  I am blessed to be involved with such a great activity, due to the two individuals above.  On the left is my lovely wife D'arcy who funded the adventure.  On the right is my deceased father-in-law Douglas Glassford, who also made the trip possible.  I have nothing but love, respect, and admiration for the both of them - as they enriched my life in ways I never thought possible.  Thanks for both of your generosity.

Why Stumpyspirateadventure2014?  Our family has been very close knit with the Bozymowski's (D'arcy's sister Roxanne and the Boz) in SC.  We vacationed together for many summers.  Our 3 children are close to the same age as their 3 children and were affectionately known as the "buzzin cousins".  (Teresa, Alicia, Ryan, Rachel, Jonathan, Adam).  I created a game called Treasure Hunt, in which they would give me two toys.  I would bury the toys around the yard, make a fictional map, with clues - then they would find a floating bottle in the pool, with a message written by Stumpy the Pirate.  They were not very good at reading maps or figuring out clues, so it would take a while for them to round up their booty!  They loved it.  The only casualty over the years, were the turtles planted in the dirt pile (Alicia's).  They were never found, we credited other Pirates with stealing the loot.  The other game we'd play was to get into the Dodge Caravan (with woodgrain sides) and drive, each time we came to a turning point, each "buzzin cousin" took turns deciding to - go straight, turn right, turn left.  Each also had the ability to decide to stop, at whatever attraction or destination they chose.  We called the game adventure.  So, Stumpy is about to embarkk on an adventure.  Hope you guys can share the ride with me.  Love and miss you all. 

One more day to work, then catch a flight on Saturday morning.  Leaving the single digit weather in MI, for 60 to 70 degree temps in FL.

Now that you have the history behind the blog page name, let the fun begin.


To Lloyd & Laurie, thanks for a great, fun & relaxing weekend.  The swolen egg & cut above my eye has almost vanished.  No battle scars will show in my photos!  I won't be showing up to camp with my eye patch & blow-up parrot.  Need to show dignity, class, & grace. (don't laugh too hard when you read this)

To the IAC Team - no staff meetings on Monday, I'm going to be busy.....



Thanks again D'arcy & Dad - the week should provide more joy than a man my age could imagine.


This is what I left in Michigan, snow & very cold.  Shoveled 3" of snow in the morning, wind chill minus 16 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment